Pastor Adeboye cancels First Born Family annual conference amid coronavirus outbreak
Following the recent directives by the Lagos and Ogun state governments placing a ban on all religious meetings, the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has cancelled its “First Born Family Conference”, an annual event that would have come up next week.
The development is in compliance with measures to manage the further spread of the Coronavirus disease.
In a new guideline, the RCCG has also made changes in its services.
A memo titled: “Slight alteration in the mode of service for parishes in Lagos and Ogun states” from the Assistant General Overseer (Admin & Personnel) Pastor Johnson Folorunsho Odesola and addressed to pastors-in-charge of regions and provinces in Lagos dated March 18, 2020 outlined the changes.
“In line with this directive from the government, the mission authority has instructed as follows:
1. Parishes that have an average of attendance of 50 members or less can hold their services without any alteration or changes.
2. Parishes that have average attendance above 50 members are directed to make use of their House Fellowship centres to run simultaneous services with the main church.
3. Parishes that have the facility to run more than one service can also do so, under the strict directive that worshippers won’t exceed 50 people per service.
4. One supervising minister and an usher could be seconded to each Centre for collation of necessary reports (attendance, New converts, New comers, etc)
5. All centers are requested to connect to Dove Television to join the live broadcast from the General Overseer during the period.
Continuing, Pastor Odesola informed the senior pastors that the arrangement will remain in operation for the next few weeks, based on the position of the Government.
“You are therefore requested to convey the assurances of the continued prayer of the General Overseer to members, while also encouraging them not to panic in the face of ongoing crisis because God promised us victory over every battle at the start of this year,” the AGO in charge of Administration, maintained.
“An annual Power Conference of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), First Born Family (FBF) scheduled for Sunday to hold its 32nd anniversary Power Conference tagged: ‘Emerge” at the Tafawa Balewa Square with the General Overseer of the church, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, ministering, has been on hold.”
The head of the First Born Family and the pastor-in-charge of Region 19 of the church, Pastor Brown Oyitso said due to the prevailing circumstances in the country especially with the scourge of Coronavirus diseases the programme has been put on hold and appealed to Nigerians for understanding that the RCCG is a law-abiding church organization that will not flout the laws of the land.
“While we pray to God, the ultimate healer of diseases to lift this scourge as He did in 2014 with a similar situation and dealt a deadly blow on ebola, to do same now, we are duty-bound to adhere strictly to directives.
Meet the four designers taking over the runway at the AMVCA fashion show and nominees Gala
Spread the loveTo promote the vast richness in African culture, and accentuate the importance of fashion in film, The Africa...
Monday took Ojima to altar on a forever journey
Spread the loveThe wedding ceremony between brother Monday Attah Shaibu and sister Ojima that took place at Echa in Omala...
Miss Universe 2019, Zozibini Tunzi to co-host 9th AMVCA along side media personality IK Osakioduwa
Spread the loveSouth Africa Model and Miss Universe 2019, Zozibini Tunzi, has been announced as the co-host of the 9th...