Kidney damaging substances you may avoid eating in excess
According to Healthline, the kidneys, which are bean-shaped, perform numerous important functions, including filtering blood, excreting waste in the form of urine, producing hormones, regulating mineral and water levels, and so much more.
According to WebMD & Healthline, the kidney-damaging substances are given below.
1. Red meat is a good source of protein for several reasons. Protein aids in growth, healing, and general well-being, but too much of it could be hard on your kidneys.
2. Avocados contain potassium, a mineral that controls the contraction and relaxation of muscles and the transmission of nerve impulses. When your body has enough potassium, your electrolyte levels, pH, and heart rate all remain stable. However, eating avocado in excess will increase the level of potassium in your body which can cause Hyperkalemia, and abnormally high blood potassium levels, is a frequent side effect of kidney disease. Hyperkalemia manifests itself in a variety of ways, including nausea, weakness, tingling, and a slow heart rate.
3. Oxalates are a mineral that can cause kidney stones, and peanuts contain them. Calcium oxalate stones are the most typical type of kidney stone. Reducing on oxalate-containing substances may help those who have experienced calcium oxalate kidney stones in the past prevent developing new stones.
4. Processed meats have significant amounts of salt and protein, both of which can damage the kidneys. Leaner cuts of whole meats may help you lose weight.
5. Consuming alcohol in large quantities on a regular basis may put chronic renal disease at greater risk. Sometimes, however, “acute kidney injury” can be brought on by just one binge period (more than 4 or 5 beers in less than two hours). When that happens, the kidneys might become severely damaged, potentially necessitating dialysis, in which a machine replaces the kidneys’ function. Binge drinkers, however, rarely have access to dialysis because of its rarity.
Why I want to marry a Nigerian Man – Cameroonian Singer, Sabrina discloses
Spread the loveCameroonian singer, Wamba Kuegou Sabrina Ruth, popularly known as Sabrina, has revealed that he has fallen in love...
Popular South African Musician, Costa Titch slump, dies on stage
Spread the loveThe rapper, whose full name is Costa Tsobanoglou, reportedly collapsed while performing at the Ultra music festival on...
Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw, INEC chairman’s aide fight dirty over poll rescheduling
Spread the loveNollywood actress, Kate Henshaw has slammed Rotimi Oyekanmi, the media aide to the chairman of the Independent National...