Oyo State Development Advocacy Group (OSDAG) has hailed Governor Seyi Makinde for his remarkable achievements and for turning Oyo State into construction sites and viable economy within 24 months (2 years) that he was elected by the good people of the State.
The group, through a media statement by its Spokesman, Michael Ogunsina, said that it is important to celebrate the Governor and his team for doing wonders and for not failing to perform at a time the country was facing cash crunch, insecurity, inflation and pandemic.
Despite the numerous challenges militating against the country, the group said it is impressive that the Governor was not deterred or discouraged from doing what is necessary, particularly, turning the State’s economy around.
“Given his undaunted quest to improve the fortune of his State, the economy has greatly improved as confirmed by the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics (NBS), who reported Oyo State as the 7th largest economy on Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) and the 3rd fastest growing economy in Nigeria at the end of 2020 fiscal year,” Mr Ogunsina noted in the statement.
To further confirm the viability of Oyo State economic expansion, financial institutions and commercial banks in the state are reported to have seen surge in their businesses, inflows and volume of transactions, validating that there is a noticeable economic turn around in the State.
“This is a very good indices that the state is being pivoted and piloted by a competent hand,” he added.
On how economic activities in the state has faired in the last two years, the group pointed out that from their assessments, the numbers of new businesses and entrepreneurs in Oyo State has increased since Governor Seyi Makinde was elected in 2019. This, it said was as a result of investors seeing the State as viable, and even more enticing is the friendly policy of the government which removes the problem of multiple taxation with confidence in pro peoples policy, and favorable business environment.
For acquisition of land, a major constituent for economic expansion in agriculture, food processing, Real Estate and Housing, production factory, Public Private Partnership set up, and other businesses for instance, the Governor has made acquisition seamless, to encourage more business set up in Oyo State, not only that, the issuance of title documents such as Land registered Survey and Certificate of Occupancy (CofO) has been digitalized and very easy to obtain.
The groups also thanked the good people of Oyo State for being patient with the Governor, saying that allowing him to reposition and stablize the State is a great ingredient for peaceful coexistence in the State.
“We are confident that, in no distant time, Oyo State will be tending towards Zero debt portfolio, with the pace at which the internal and external loans are being managed and paydown by the government of Seyi Makinde, supported by improved IGR, and increasing rate of migration of both businesses and people who are potential tax payers to the State,” the statement noted.
To further expand the economy, the governor has set up a special economic think tank, who are already designing special economic zones in different parts of the State, where investors can plug in their investments, and one of this zone is also planned around the Rail Corridor and the Inland Dry port (IDP) in Moniya axis of the State.
Governor Makinde, in his drive to aggressively transform the economy, one of the first bills he sent to the State Assembly when elected, was the establishment of Oyo State Investment and Public Private Partnership Agency (OYSIPA), an investment hub for the State, to ensure that investors are attended to in professional ways without any hindrance or beaurecratic process.
On infrastructure, the group listed some of the Governor’s infrastructural achievements under two years as follows:
1. Construction of 65km Moniya to Iseyin road. This road was strategically developed for economic development in Akinyele local government, where the Nigerian Railway Corporation cited its Rail Terminals, and also the Inland Dry Port (IDP) by the Nigerian Shippers Council in partnership with Oyo State Government.
There are other roads under construction in this axis, including the popular circular road, to ease traffic gridlock when both Rail and Port commence full operation soon.
On Friday May 21st, Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi was in Oyo State to assess the level of work done, and was taken around the facility by Governor Seyi Makinde, the minister was very pleased with the level of infrastructure put in place by Oyo State and gave his firm commitment to the full development and operation of the facilities.
Governor Seyi Makinde, who is an economic expansion focused leader, is already negotiating for 15% stake of the Inland Dry Port for his State, as opportunity for economic prosperity abound in the axis.
2. Construction of 21km Airport Amuloko Ajia road. Oyo State Government led by Seyi Makinde has commenced the upgrading of Ibadan Airport to International Airport, with cargo section, which will also help the movement of goods and people in and out of Nigeria. Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), due to this laudable effort, issued a letter of commendation to the governor for putting all the necessary infrastructures in place in support of the Airport, which included construction of roads around the airport.
Governor Seyi Makinde an accomplished business man and a vast strategist, is using his private sector experience in putting all that is needed in place for a thriving and viable economy, so that when full economic activities kicks off in Oyo State, the State can be functional and attract more prosperity and jobs for the benefit of his people.
3. Construction of 12km Apete to Akufo road. This road is another strategic effort of the government, where we have dump site. As we all know, the world is evolving with alternative source of power through renewable energy and waste.
Good motorable roads to the dumpsite will enhance and encourage investors to bring their investments to the State to genetate off grid energy which can be used to power small businesses, government infrastructure and others in the State.
4. Construction of 12km Akala express to Apata.
5. Upgrading of Infectious disease centred.
6. Upgrading of Agbami Chest clinic.
7. Upgrading of Adeoyo Hospital, ring road.
8. Upgrading of Jericho specialist hospital.
9. Ongoing power plant project around secretariat and it’s environs.
10. Ongoing construction of Park at Bodija Market.
11. Ongoing construction works on Old Ife expressway.
12. Construction of Two mini parks for Buses.
13. Facility and Equipments upgrade at the State owned media organization BCOS.
13. Landscaping and junction improvements works at Challenge to Idi odo to change the environmental outlook of the State.
14. Construction of OYRTMA HQ at Sanyo
15. Rehabilitation of Asunle and Apete dumpsites
16 Remodeling and rehabilitation of abandoned Agbowo Mall to shopping complex, 4 Star luxury hotel and offices.
17. Remodeling and rehabilitation of Lekan Salami Sport Complex at Adamasingba to international Standard.
18. Construction of 7km Idi ape, Akobo, Odogbo barracks road.
19. Upgrading of Oranyan Orthopedic hospital.
20. Upgrading of Eyin grammar Primary Health Center (PHC).
21. Construction of 360 housing units at Ajoda Town.
22. Construction of 45 housing units at Bodija.
23. Development of 430 units of low, medium and high end smart apartments with hotel, Shopping Mall, School, Hospital, Office Complex, Amusement park, International Conference Center at Rayfield Gardens City Estate at Lagelu Ibadan.
24. Rebuilding of Akesan Market(ongoing) razed by midnight fire.
25. Upgrading of Alaafin model Primary Health Center (PHC)
26. Rehabilitation of Awe farm settlement for ‘youths in agriculture’ initiative
27. Launching of STEP program in Fasola farm which is now effective in 6 schools across Oyo state in conjunction with IITA and French government.
28. Construction of 6km Sabo Gedu Oroki road.
29. Upgrading of Model Primary Health Center (PHC), Aawe.
30. Remodeling and re-construction of 10km Saki township road.
31. Construction of 45km Saki to Igboho road.
32. Redesigning and construction of Saki specialist hospital.
33. Setting up of Saki, Olodo isolation centers for COVID 19.
33. Rehabilitation of OYSADEP secretariat to OYSADA secretariat, after 20 years redundancy.
34. Setting up of Teachers Service Commission (Tescom) zonal office.
35. Facilitation and equipping a mobile police squadron to enhance security across the State.
36. Upgrading of Saki township stadium.
37. Securing sole ownership of Ladoke Akintola University (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso for Oyo State.
38. Construction of 3km G stadium to Lautech first gate road.
39. Upgrading of Ladoke Akintola University (LAUTECH) teaching hospital.
40. Rehabilitation of juice processing factory in Ibadan.
41. Construction of link roads from Moniya to Iseyin linking ibadan, Ijaye, iseyin in Oke Ogun axis.
42. Upgrading of Model PHC at Igbo Ora
43. Resuscitation of Ijaye Asphalt and Quarry plants.
44. Remodeling and construction of LAUTECH Iseyin Campus.
45. Upgrading of Emmanuel Alayande College of Education to Emmmanuel Alayande University of Education, Oyo.
46. Partnership with Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) on establishment of Gas line in Oyo State.
47. Procurement of security operational vehicles and equipments for the Police, Swift Response Squad, Amotekun, Operation Burst for effective community policing. Setting up of check and search Police team at entry and exit of all boarder post in Oyo State to combat invasion and all forms of Insecurity.
48. Procurement of modern Healthcare equipments and ambulances for State clinic and hospitals.
49. Construction of 1.6km bridge at Olodo, to ease traffic lock jam.
50. Construction of 4 international standard bus terminals with modern technology and super markets.
51. Frontline campaigner for Nigeria’s restructuring, and constitutional amendment to ensure peace, equity, fairness and justice for all Nigerians.
52. Drastic reduction of out of school children through free education, free books, employment of 10,000 new teachers for primary and secondary school students in Oyo State.
53. Purchase of more High capacity passenger Buses for city and intercity movement for Oyo State Transportation Company.
54. Light up Oyo, Electrification of major Streets for better visibility and security during driving at night and installation of Traffic lights on major turns.
55. Remodeling and reconstruction of junctions and roundabouts across the state to ease traffic and to improve the landscape aesthetic views.
56. Construction of Iseyin-Ogbomosho road.
57. Payment of N30,500 As Minimum Wage
58. Banning of Open Grazing, and supporting ranching for cattles, to end farmers and herdsmen clashes in Oyo State.
The group also applauded the Governor for his prompt payments of salary to civil servants, pension and gratuity to pensioners, and for clearing of backlog of entitlements left by previous administrations.
“It is commendable that while the governor is working round the clock to revive the State’s economy through friendly business environment and provision of supporting infrastructures, he is also not neglecting stomach infrastructure, and timely payments of salary, promotion of civil servants, employment of new job seekers and many more,” the group said.
“We believed that at the end of his first four year tenure, he would have laid a solid foundation which will be built upon in the next chapter for consolidation.”
Matthew ‘M.R’ Reed aka Grandpa Jenkins & The Jenkins Family Are On The Road Again
Spread the loveWriter, Artist, Producer and Director Matthew ‘M.R’ Reed is now preparing to take his new stage Play “I...
There is too much unhealthy competition in Africa’s Music & Entertainment industry – Milly Hussle
Spread the loveAjibade ‘Milly’ Martins better known as “Milly Hussle”, is a Dubai based, Nigerian artiste/event manager, show promoter, businessman...
HK Plutorious to perform at Bahamas Independence Concert 2021
Spread the loveWilson Osamudiame better known as HK PLUTORIOUS, has been listed as one of the supporting acts for ‘BAHAMAS...
News4 months ago
Confusion in ISWAP, B’Haram camp, as top commanders eliminated in military’s fire power [Pictures]
News6 months ago
Breaking: Bello appoints Ohinoyi of Ebira Chairman, Kogi Council of Chiefs
News6 months ago
Amid endless salary cut, Bello takes delivery of Mercedes Benz S class, 2019 model worth N98 million
News5 months ago
El-Rufai fires Kaduna Road agency MD, Magaji over alledged embezzlement of N3 billion
Opinion5 months ago
Attah Igala stool: Alhaji Yahaya Bello must watch his Deputy closely
News5 months ago
Israeli’s IDF craziest operation that got the world ‘ever wondered’
News5 months ago
Crisis looms as outgoing IGP, Adamu secretly disposes multi-billion naira police officers mess to private developer in Lagos
News4 months ago
US Senate overwhelmingly votes to make embassy in Jerusalem permanent