Connect with us

Health

Kaduna discharges fifth coronavirus patient

Published

on

Governor Nasir El-rufai


Kaduna State government has  discharged one more COVID-19 patient out of the six COVID-19 cases that were earlier recorded in the state.

In a press release issued by the Commissioner of Health, Dr Amina Baloni, and made available to journalists in Kaduna on Wednesday, she said that the latest discharge brings to five the number of patients discharged since 14 April 2020.

Read Also:  Breaking: Nigeria records 6 new cases of coronavirus

Dr. Baloni also confirmed three new cases which now brings the total number of coronavirus patients in the state to four.

She said that among the three new cases is a 23-year old male who came into the state from Istanbul, Turkey via Dubai sometime in March.

According to her, the second patient is 51-year old male who was tested in Samaru, Sabon-Gari Local Government Area, after coming in from Kano.

Read Also:  Nigeria records 232 coronavirus late Sunday night - NCDC

According to the Commissioner, the third patient had earlier travelled to Kano and he is a 42-year old male from Unguwan  Geza, Kaduna.

‘’These new cases reflect the danger that interstate travels pose to efforts to contain Covid-19,” she said.

She however warned that “such travels spread the virus from place to place, complicate contact tracing and risk implanting the virus in communities.”

Read Also:  Coronavirus:. Katsina may be first northern State to record COVID-19

Trending

Contact Us:

  • Address: Address: 1st Floor,  Nwakpabi Plaza,  Suite 110, Waziri Ibrahim Crescent, Apo,  Abuja
  • Tel: +234 7036084449, +234 8066722600, +234 7012711701
  • Email: info@capitalpost.ng

Quick Links: