Connect with us

News

COVID-19: Ortom’s appointees donates N2.8 million monthly to fight pandemic

Published

on

 
Determined to tackle the scourge of coronavirus in Benue, the State Executive Council has resolved that each member would be donating  N100,000 monthly.


The decision of the 28-member Executive Council will be raking the sum of  N2. 8 million monthly till the battle against the spread of COVID-19 in Benue State is over.


Secretary to the State Government, Professor Anthony Ijohor, SAN, who made known the decision of the Council members on Friday at the Benue Peoples House Makurdi, expressed the,  “determination of the Samuel Ortom administration to sustain its proactive approach to tackling the pandemic.”

Read Also:  Breaking: Enugu State Commissioner for Health is dead


He said members of Council voluntarily offered their salaries as part of their sacrifice for the survival of the state, in the face of COVID-19.

 
Ijohor commended Governor Ortom for the visionary and dogged leadership he has continued to provide during very difficult moments in the life of the state.

Read Also:  #EndSARS: Youths protest grounds activities in Benue

 
Meanwhile, the Benue State Executive Council will on Sunday hold a joint meeting with the State Security Council and the State Action Committee on Coronavirus, to review the measures so far taken in preventing the spread of the disease in the state.


Governor Ortom who made this known, said the meeting will assess the situation with a view to ameliorating the pains the measures must have brought upon the people. 

Read Also:  Ortom's media aide counsels Nigeria youths against drugs, cultism

Trending

Contact Us:

  • Address: Address: 1st Floor,  Nwakpabi Plaza,  Suite 110, Waziri Ibrahim Crescent, Apo,  Abuja
  • Tel: +234 7036084449, +234 8066722600, +234 7012711701
  • Email: info@capitalpost.ng

Quick Links: